Friday, July 18, 2008

*Important Class Notice*

I just spoke with Dr. Hollander via Skype and he gave me a few class updates. We WILL be having class on Monday. We will watch a video for the first hour and then discuss it with him via web cam during the second hour. Dr. Hollander told me to tell everyone that we WILL get credit for this class even it means he has to "friggin fly over here".

I told him we did not know anything about what is going on and he said they will probably address us as a group on Monday. Dr. Hollander said we are going to try to stick with the syllabus as much as possible, but most things (such as the debates) will probably get pushed back.

That is all for now! I guess we will all find out the rest on Monday!

1 comment:

Hollander said...

Thanks for posting, Hannah. Yep, I'll be doing the second half of Monday's class via Skype. This assumes we can work out any technical bugs over the weekend. And I've got to watch the same video as you before we "meet."

For those who don't know, I taught the "effects" class two years ago in Oxford using the same textbook. We'll muddle through as best we can until Dr. Reber can return.

No promises on how quality an experience this will be, via Skype. Then again as some of you who've had me before know, distance learning may be the best way to experience me.

I want to keep the schedule as is, if we can. That'll probably mean doing the debates as scheduled. I honestly don't know yet.

Hopefully talk to you Monday. Any questions, just email me at barry@uga.edu or you can Skype me at barryhollander (there are two Barry Hollander's using the program, just make sure you call the Athens one).